Program partner Event: Intro to Rock Climbing
Each girl will learn the basics of rock climbing. This includes body positioning, balance, footwork, climbing hold choice, safety, proper equipment use, knots, and belaying. This event is open to Cadette, Senior and Ambassador levels.
Troops attending must maintain girl-adult ratios as outlined in Volunteer Essentials. Individual girls must attend with a parent/guardian. All troops must have at least two unrelated chaperones.
- This area is not very "roomy," so spectator numbers MUST be kept to a minimum.
- The guides are certified through the Professional Climbing Guides Institute (PCGI) and also have CPR and Wilderness First Aid or Wilderness EMT.
- All equipment is included (harness, helmet, and climbing shoes)
- All participants must sign a waiver
- Meet at 9:00 AM at the Cold Air Cave Parking Area.
- Program fee refunds will not be issued for cancellations received one week or less before the program start date.
This is a Program Partner event. For questions, please contact Joey at Ultimate Outdoor Adventures (480-274-8436).