COVID-19 Updates and Announcements
Girl Scouts in the Heart of Pennsylvania is diligently monitoring the ongoing COVID-19 (Coronavirus) situation and providing updates to our membership via email and social media. See a history of GSHPA's actions below and check back for more updates as we adapt to these unprecedented circumstances. The safety of our Girl Scouts, volunteers, members and community is of the utmost importance.
- Update 3.11.20
- Update 3.12.20
- Update 3.13.20
- Update 3.14.20
- Update 3.16.20
- Update 3.20.20
- Update 3.26.20
GSHPA Staff Availability
- GSHPA has closed all of its offices, per Governor Wolf's directive to non-essential businesses, until further notice. While access to offices is restricted, GSHPA remains open Monday-Friday from 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m. to support our volunteers and members, primarily via email (MemberServices@gshpa.org) and also using the Chat feature on our website.
Girl Scout Programming (Meetings, Events, etc.)
- All GSHPA Council-sponsored events, beginning Tuesday, March
17 through May 16 are cancelled. Registrants for any GSHPA-sponsored
event will receive information from the DoubleKnot event
registration system about your specific event.
- List of cancelled events
- For information regarding Program Partner events, please contact the Program Partner specifically.
- Troop meetings and troop-related activities are cancelled through May 16, in accordance with the CDC's directive related to social distancing. Be aware that troop activities cancellation timeline may be extended, as we continue to monitor national and state mandates.
- STEAM Mobile reservations will be cancelled through May 16. Affected troops/groups should contact their Program Coordinator or Member Services to reschedule.
Girl Scout Cookie Program
- All Girl Scout Cookie booths are cancelled through April 6, in alignment with the most updated school closing schedule. Be aware that the cookie booth cancellation timeline may be extended, as we progress through the next several weeks.
- The Cookie Program has been extended until May 31st. Cookie ACH withdrawal has been moved to mid-June.
- Digital Cookie Girl Delivery option has been turned back on.
- We encourage girls to utilize Digital Cookie online sales and Gift of Caring donations during this time.
- Facebook Booth Sleuth contest start has been pushed back to April 7th, but we will still accept photo submissions via Facebook comments at this time.
Have questions about how COVID-19 is
affecting Girl Scouts in the Heart of Pennsylvania activities?
Reach out to our Member Services team at
or via Chat on our website.