COVID-19 Updates and Announcements
Girl Scouts in the Heart of Pennsylvania is diligently monitoring the ongoing COVID-19 (Coronavirus) situation and providing updates to our membership via email and social media. See a history of GSHPA's actions below and check back for more updates as we adapt to these unprecedented circumstances. The safety of our Girl Scouts, volunteers, members and community is of the utmost importance.
- Update 3.11.20
- Update 3.12.20
- Update 3.13.20
- Update 3.14.20
- Update 3.16.20
- Update 3.20.20
- Update 3.26.20
- Update 4.3.20
- Update 4.10.20
- Update 4.27.20
- Update 5.1.20
- Update 6.25.20
GSHPA Offices Re-openings under Green Phase Guidance
- On Monday, July 6, 2020, our Harrisburg location re-opens. On Monday, July 13, 2020, Lewisburg, Scranton and York office locations will re-open. Lancaster and State College office locations remain closed, with staff continuing to telework. All offices that are open will operate under an 8:30-5:00 p.m. schedule. Guests and staff at any open GSHPA location are required to wear masks when entering the building and when in common areas. Guests and staff must also abide by social distancing policies, and we appreciate your support as you visit any of our offices.
- Direct email to MemberServices@gshpa.org and use of the Chat feature on our website remain available.
Girl Scout Programming (Meetings, Events, etc.)
- The health and well-being of girls is GSHPA’s highest priority. It is with an abundance of caution that Summer Resident Camp is cancelled, as advertised at Camp Small Valley for 2020. Questions about the status of camp registrations or property reservations can be directed to MemberServices@gshpa.org; via the online chat function on this website; or by calling 800-692-7816.
- All in-person Council-sponsored events are cancelled. A robust schedule of virtual events is available now on our events calendar. Registrants for any GSHPA-sponsored event will receive information from the DoubleKnot event registration system about your specific event. For information regarding Program Partner events, please contact the Program Partner specifically.
- In-person troop meetings and troop-related activities may take place within Green phase counties, in accordance with state and CDC directives related to social distancing, using facemasks and maintaining clean surface areas.
- STEAM Mobile reservations for in-person events are cancelled. Affected troops/groups should contact their Program Coordinator or Member Services to reschedule, once social-distancing guidelines have been fully lifted, per PA's re-opening plan.
Girl Scout Cookie Program
- The 2020 Cookie Program was completed on May 31st. Please contact MemberServices@gshpa.org with any questions about the wrap-up of the 2020 Cookie Program, including the Cookie ACH withdrawal.
Have questions about how COVID-19 is affecting Girl Scouts in the Heart of Pennsylvania activities? Reach out to our Member Services team at MemberServices@gshpa.org or via Chat on our website.