Harrisburg, PA - As shared on April 27th, GSHPA has cancelled Summer Camp 2020. Additionally, all events and programs scheduled on GSHPA properties through August 31st have been cancelled.
Also, all Service Unit Day Camps, Camporees, Encampments, and Twilight Camps (whether on or off GSHPA property) through August 31st are cancelled. All Troop Travel (beyond local communities) is cancelled through August 31st. Please resubmit any requests based on updated reopening state guidelines for review under the new guidelines.
The following guidelines and expectations for all GSHPA Troops and Service Units have been developed with the overall safety and well-being of our girl and adult members in mind. GSHPA will continue to follow the PA state and federal guidelines on social distancing, sanitation processes and utilizing face masks. Currently, for Pennsylvania, all plans to proceed with reopening are structured around continued social distancing and universal masking.
Counties in Red
Within these counties, following continued stay-at-home guideline, no in-person Girl Scout meetings/events/activities/gatherings are permitted.
Counties in Yellow
Small group meetings, activities may be permitted (no more than 25 people as per state guidelines) pursuant to the following guidelines.
- Social Distancing is required at all times.
- All in attendance must be residents of the yellow county.
- Parent permission specific to the event/meeting is required.
- Attendance lists with contact information of all present must be maintained by the Girl Scout leadership for 14 days following any event, in case contact tracing is needed. This list should include anyone who joins the group for however short a period of time.
- Face masks MUST be used by all at any gathering.
- Hand sanitizing stations must be available and used periodically. This can be both/either hand washing or sanitizing gels, and should be used at start, finish and when someone leaves or enters the meeting space.
- All surfaces at the location are to be wiped down with FDA approved cleaners at the start and end of the meeting.
- All girls/adults in attendance should be healthy with no obvious symptoms.
For those in counties that are identified as yellow before May 31st
Please note these activities are to be located within the Yellow county – no travel to other regions or states that are not cleared.
Cookie delivery can begin pursuant to the following guidelines:
- Contactless outside porch/patio drop off only
- Accept payment via online, ideally (PayPal, Venmo, etc)
- Wear masks when outside of vehicle & making deliveries Sanitizing structures and procedures must be in place
Counties in Green
- Girl Scout activities resume
- Those participating must be from the GREEN county only Proper hygiene, such as frequent hand washing, availability of hand sanitizer, and frequent cleaning of location surfaces should be continued. Face masks may also be needed.
Please view these important resources from the CDC.
Limit time with other children and practice social distancing
The key to slowing the spread of COVID-19 is to limit contact as much as possible. While school is out, children should not have in-person playdates with children from other households. If children are playing outside their own homes, it is essential that they remain 6 feet from anyone who is not in their own household.
Clean hands often
Make sure children practice everyday preventive behaviors, such as washing their hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. This is especially important if you have been in a public place.
If children meet in groups, it can put everyone at risk. Children with COVID-19 may only have mild symptoms, but they can still pass this virus onto others who may be at higher risk, including older adults and people who have serious underlying medical conditions.
While our 30-county footprint will be impacted differently for a period of time, GSHPA continues to offer online programming and innovative ways to have the best Girl Scout experience possible. A reminder that we are moving forward with our Early Bird Renewal Campaign and invite you to take advantage of the GSHPA discount offered through May 31st! We are so grateful to have you as a member!