HARRISBURG, PA – In May, Girl Scouts in the Heart of PA (GSHPA) hosted a virtual Gold Award Celebration that honored 59 Gold Award recipients by highlighting each girl along with their respected project. We are so excited to continue celebrating our Gold Award Girl Scout Class of 2021 – this time in person.
GSHPA invites you to attend any of the following outdoor Gold Award Pinning Ceremonies, to be held at various locations June 11 through 13. During these ceremonies, Girl Scouts from those specific areas will be recognized individually.
The media and public are invited to attend. Here is the upcoming weekend schedule:
- 4:30 - 6:30 p.m. Adams-Ricci Park, 100 E. Penn Drive, Enola
- 10:30 - 11:30 a.m. Circleville Park, 3225 Circleville Road, Port Matilda
- 3 - 5 p.m. Nay Aug Park, 500 Arthur Ave., Scranton
- 12:30 - 1:30 p.m. DreamWrights Center for Community Arts, 100 Carlisle Ave., York
- 3 – 4 p.m. Glatfelter Memorial Field Park, 1249 Lancaster Ave., Columbia
The Girl Scout Gold Award is the highest award a Girl Scout can earn. Each girl uses her own values and skills to identify a community issue she is passionate about, and then determines the topic and audience for her project. Once achieved, it shows colleges, employers, and your community that you’re out there changing the world.