Happy New Girl Scout Year!
GSHPA is kicking off our 2021/2022 membership year with nearly 13,000
Girl Scout members who are ready for new adventures, friendships, and
opportunities to make the world a better place! According to your
feedback during the annual Girl Scout Voices Count survey, members who
participate in a variety of activities from the four pillars of the
Girl Scout Leadership Experience have more fun! So we’ve outlined a
few opportunities to help get you started with each of the four
- Rise Up with the Girl Scouts Fall Fundraiser Program – happening now until November 10
- Learn more about the new Girl Scout Cookie and get ready for the upcoming Girl Scout Cookie Program that kicks off in January 2022
- Earn a few of the 28 newly released badges in categories such as Math in Nature, Cookie Business, and Digital Leadership – you can earn these on your own or join GSHPA staff for one of our Badge Days (virtual and in person options available)
- Team up with friends to complete a Girl Scout Journey and make an impact in your community – you can complete these as a troop or join GSHPA staff for one of our Journey events (virtual and in person options available)
- Plan an overnight or day trip to one of our four camp properties – click HERE for sample activities, schedules, meals, and more
- Attend one of the many events happening at our four camp properties – click HERE to browse our 2021/2022 program calendar
STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math)
- Invite a friend to join you during our most popular virtual series: STEAM with the Program Team, held every Wednesday at 4:30 p.m.
- Make new friends and enjoy hands on activities led by GSHPA staff at our newly created STEAM Saturdays at Camp events
Throughout the year’s adventures, please make sure you share your stories with others in your community so they learn more about how Girl Scouts everywhere are making a difference. And don’t forget to submit a Mission Moment so that we can share your experiences with Girl Scouts across our 30 county footprint. Let the fun begin!
GSHPA Mission Moments
An Impactful Donation
Last month, the York County Sheriff's Office received a generous donation of sensory kits from Girl Scout Troop 21192. The troop researched the kits, raised funds to obtain materials for the kits, and put the kits together as part of their Silver Award. They are donating approximately 100 kits to local law enforcement and fire departments in York County. These kits are very important when communicating with children with special needs. They include nonverbal communication binders, sensory tools, whiteboards for communication and headphones that help with noise cancellation, and sunglasses because of the bright lights on first responders' vehicles when they respond to help.
A Summer to Remember
Cadette Troop 20322 had a busy summer of Girl Scout recruiting and various activities! The girls have been working hard to recruit younger girl members, and have also been at several events in the area, including National Night Out, Williams Grove Annual Fall Show, and New Hope Ministries Back-to-School Night. They spoke with families, face painted and applied custom GS temporary tattoos that the girls made. They also earned the Archery badge in conjunction with Bowhunter's Superstore in Wellsville, and opened Northern York County School District's recent Inservice Day with a flag ceremony.
23 Sep 2021
17 Aug 2021
Girl Scouts in the Heart of Pennsylvania will offer the new and indulgent brownie-inspired Adventurefuls cookie, which evokes the adventures Girl Scouts have through the organization.